The TSM multi-blend™ allows the end user to centrally locate the blending of all materials and recipes in a high throughput gravimetric blender, the TSM3000. This gravimetric blender can handle up to 12 individual material components at any given time with total automatic cleaning between recipes.
The TSM multi-blend™ can be centrally located, supplying any number of machines. Its design offering has many advantages. Firstly, the use of centralized off-line blending to feed multiple machines has many cost advantages such as the elimination of gravimetric blenders for each machine. Thereafter individual material recipes are simply entered into the TSM central blender control panel. When a machine requests a material fill, the TSM blender prepares the required job recipe, mixes the material, before conveying it off to its respective machine. Finally, the blender’s automatic self-cleaning feature is initiated in anticipation of the next fill request or masterbatch change.
All material consumption is logged for traceability/ accountability purposes, which contributes to the overall increased production efficiency by using TSM control solutions.
There are considerable advantages associated with such a system;
- one blender can service any number of machines
- no cross contamination of materials
- avoids the requirement of multiple blenders and multiple loaders
- reduces installation costs
- reduced pipe runs for each machine
- faster order changes
- cleaning of central blender only, if required
- each blender can handle up to 12 components
- minimal pre-blended material at end of order
- emptying out less hoppers for order changes
- ease of use due to centralization of blending
- lack of contamination issues on material feed pipes to multiply blenders