UV radiation is one of the causes of alteration in taste, smell, colour and biological characteristics of products packed in PET.
Many products contain light sensitive ingredients and PET alone cannot protect them from degradation. Several grades of REMAP UV ABSORBERS are available to cover the different protection requirements according to final product needs; this enables the customer to select the proper additive, optimising the cost/ benefit ratio.
REMAP UV ABSORBERS capture UV radiation from 300 to 400 nm, creating different levels of protection, depending on the LDR and the packaging wall thickness.
• UV radiation absorption: 300-400 nm
• Low viscosity liquid
• No influence on the natural transparency
• Let down ratio: 0,05 – 0,20%
• Meet EU and FDA food contact regulations
• Suitable for standard liquid dosing units
• Can be blended with liquid colours
• Shelf life: 6 months, in sealed containers
• Standard package: 25, 50 and 200 kg drums, 1 ton IBC container. Customized solutions available on request